Strollers for a baby and older child
It is a common experience for a mother to have a child growing to become a toddler and then realize there is another baby on the way. Having two strollers will be a problem so what is the next step? One way is to choose one from the selection of best stroller systems 2022. The other way is to choose a stroller for a baby and older child or double strollers.
Choosing a double stroller will require a knowledge of the different types such as the side by side, tandem, and stand and ride strollers. Side by side strollers like the name implies have the kids sitting at the side of one another. A tandem stroller will have one kid in front and the other behind. A stand and ride will have a platform which can be used as a bench or a stand.
Strollers are very important if you wish to leave your house without having to worry about anything. Since you will be moving around with the stroller quite a bit, safety, durability, and ease of use are essential features to look out for in a stroller.
Below are some of the best strollers for baby and older child.
BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Stroller
Referenced in high regards among jogging strollers, the BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie is a side by side stroller which can be used for high speeds on and off the road while remaining stable. The handlebar can be adjusted to suit your height, and the canopies can be adjusted separately. Since it is a side by side stroller, it is ideal for one baby and a toddler. You may need to buy an adapter to use the travel system.
If you are searching for strollers for baby and older child, then this product could be your best choice. However, if you have a newborn that needs to lie down most of the time, then we recommend that you check out the post on double stroller that fits Britax car seat.
- Height handlebar can be adjusted
- It has an infant car seat adapter for different infant car seats
- It has a locking and swiveling wheel
- Very durable stroller
- Not as light as most strollers
- One touch folding feature not available
- For a side by side stroller, it is quite wide
Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
For parents on a budget, the Graco Roomfor2 stand and ride stroller offers great features for the price. Also, to make sure the toddler remains comfortable, there are various options for the back seat. You can choose a bench seat, infant car seat, standing platform, or reclining seat. Swiveling or lock tires makes it easy to maneuver and a one hand folding feature.
- To make it easy to maneuver, there is a lock or swivel option for front wheels
- It has a One-touch folding feature
- Variation of up to 12 different sitting positions
- There is a storage lock
- The legroom is not spacious
- Non-reclining rear sit
- Infant car seat must be from Graco
Britax B-Ready G2 Stroller
The Britax B-Ready is a tandem stroller which lets parents buy items which can be used to customize the stroller based on their requirements. The main difference between tandem vs side by side stroller is that this stroller is slimmer in terms of width.
It comes with a second seat which is detachable in case you decide to take only one of your kids along. There is no need to worry about pumping tires as it uses rubber filled tires which do not go flat when punctured. Works with the Britax Click and Go system but you may also need an adapter.
- Durable frame and construction
- It uses rubber tires filled with foam
- Can be customized into 12 different configurations
- You need to purchase an adapter for non-Britax car seats
- You cannot see the child on the second seat.
Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
The design of this stroller is a stand and ride stroller design. It comes with a rear seat which doubles as a platform for your toddler to stand on and a bench to sit. The front seat is customizable and can accommodate a car seat, or it can simply be used as a front-facing seat. It is also easy for the toddler to get into the stroller.
- It is affordable
- Adapter works with up to 30 infant car seats
- It is lightweight with a weight of 20
- Difficult to use the storage space
- No reclining backrest on the rear seat
Summer Infant 3Dtwo Double Convenience Stroller
The Summer Infant 3DTwo stroller is a tandem stroller which features a five-point harness with a front sit below the rear seat. Also, it comes with two canopies with storage under the seat which is easy to access. The stroller is suitable for a baby and a toddler and can also be adjusted for two babies. There is a strap to carry the stroller when folded, and it is designed to get into small spaces.
- It is very light
- It requires small storage space
- Stadium-style seating
- Handlebars cannot be adjusted to suit different heights
- Complaints of the stroller getting broken after some months
A stroller is an important addition to ease the stress of raising you children. For this reason you should make sure you perform a thorough research on a stroller that will be convenient for your daily activities.